GGIS DATA PROTECTION AND
Greater Grace International School / Educom Kft. (GGIS) and it’s maintainer processes personaldata on its prospective, current and former students and their parents or legal representatives,as part of its everyday operations of providing educational services. Educom Kft. is the legal maintainer of the school, and as such is the responsible party in all data protection. For the sake of this document, we will use “GGIS” to reference both entities.
GGIS handles your personal data according to the General Data Protection Regulation no. 679 /2016 applicable in the European Union (“GDPR”). For these purposes, GGIS acts as controller with regard to your personal data and the personal data of students (“Personal Data”), meaning GGIS establishes the purposes and means of processing the Personal Data.
For the purposes of this policy, please note that the term “processing” shall represent any operation performed on Personal Data, whether or not by automated means such as collection,recording, storage, adaptation, alteration, consultation, use, disclosure by any means, erasure or destruction.
GGIS wishes to be completely transparent with regard to the processing of Personal Data and therefore, we have presented below all the information you may need on this subject matter.
Please take a little of your time to read this policy to understand the data processing operations carried out by GGIS.
1. The purposes for which GGIS processes your Personal Data:
GGIS processes Personal Data that pertain to you or to the students for the following purposes:
- Provision of educational services, starting with the application process, enrolling students, administration of classes and timetable, teaching activities, administration of internal and public examinations, assistance regarding the application process to various universities, issuance of academic records.
- Provision of educational ancillary services: career and personal counseling, library services, extracurricular activities, school trips, managing school’s publications, setting up the virtual learning environment and granting access to GGIS’s Internet network as well as monitoring the use of GGIS’s network.
- Ensuring campus security: monitoring access on campus, performance of video surveillance.
- Provision of the medical care that students may need.
- School administration: handling student records and other academic documentation,administration of fees and accounts, internal audits and controls, reporting and statistics creation, implementing school policies, ensuring collaboration with other schools,archiving, assessing the quality of our services, facilitating research activities.
- School related communications: conveying various messages related to the students and GGIS’s activities by any communication means.
- Organizing school events (e.g. concerts, theater productions, talent shows), including marketing communications.
- Dispute resolutions and litigations.
2. The categories of Personal Data that GGIS processes, include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identification and contact information (first and last name, citizenship, country of birth,address, information included in ID’s / passports, phone number, e-mail etc.); Bank details;
- Health data: medical history, allergies, immunization records, disorders, medical examination results and other medical data of the students;
- Data related to the educational background and regarding school performance of the students: academic, disciplinary or other educational related records, academic references, special needs, hobbies, results of educational diagnosis testing, test results,feedbacks, evaluations etc.;
- Behavioral data;
- Family information: household information, language background, profession and workplace of parents etc.;
- Photos and videos.
Generally, the Personal Data held by GGIS were provided directly by the parents or resulted from the interaction the parents and the students have with the school. In some cases, third parties (e.g., representatives of former schools attended by students) supply data.
3. The lawful basis for the processing operations we conduct with regard to the Personal Data
GGIS collects and further processes Personal Data, based on one of the following legal grounds, expressly laid down by the GDPR:
- The consent you have granted us, prior to any processing of the personal data, for:
- the use of students’ photographs and videos in various school publications, on GGIS’s website and social media pages;
- other consents that may be granted from time to time for various processing activities.
- For the performance of the educational agreement, as well as in order to take steps at your request for entering into the educational agreement and to further provide the educational services.
- The consent you have granted us, prior to any processing of the personal data, for:
Please note that there are some mandatory categories of personal data necessary to GGIS in order to conclude the educational agreement and provide the educational services to student sat a high standard and in the best interest of the students.
The mandatory categories of personal data are included in the application form, which you have filled in on-line and listed in the enrollment contract you already have / will sign with GGIS.
Please take into consideration, that all the mandatory categories of data are necessary for GGIS to be able to evaluate your application and finally to enroll your child. Failure to provide all theinformation marked as mandatory will lead to the impossibility of GGIS to process yourapplication and to enter into a contract with you.
- A legal obligation that requires GGIS to process your Personal Data (e.g. performance of video surveillance)
- For the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, considering that GGIS provides educational services, regarded as a service of public interest, according to the Hungarian applicable provisions on education, many processing operations conducted by GGIS that are strictly related to educational purposes will be founded on this lawful basis for processing. We refer here mainly to issuing and storing academic records, evaluating students’ performance etc.
- The legitimate interest pursued by GGIS.
GGIS relies on this legal ground in order to provide the educational services it has committed to deliver and additional services related to this scope at the highest standards, always for the benefit of the students and without outweighing the parents or the students’ rights and liberties. GGIS may invoke the legitimate interest legal ground in the following cases:
- monitoring use of the GGIS’s virtual learning environment and network;
- enforcement of legal claims, addressing complaints and third party controls;
- management, control, reporting and performing statistics on schools activity;
- ensuring security;
- maintaining close relationships with alumni and GGIS’s community;
- collaboration with other schools and educational institutions;
- performance of agreements with suppliers, including insurance suppliers;
- access to grants and other funding sources
With respect to the processing of the special categories of personal data under the GDPR,respectively health data, please take into consideration that GGIS processes health data based on the following legal grounds:
- The necessity of the Doctor’s Office to process such data for the purpose of preventive and occupational medicine, medical diagnosis and the provision of health orsocial care or treatment on the basis of European Union or national law (2011 CXC.law on national public education);
- The explicit consent granted by you for the disclosure of the personal data of students related to the allergies they suffer from.
- IT providers, including educational applications, on-line tools, server hosting suppliers such as Jupiter Ed Inc;
- Other educational institutions or organizations, not limited to other schools;
- Travel agencies, catering and transportation providers;
- GGIS’s photographer;
- Courier services providers;
- Public authorities and institutions, national or foreign, and judicial courts;
- Tax, legal and accounting consultants
5. Third country transfers
GGIS transfers your personal data to United States of America – to third parties that have obtained EU or US privacy certifications (i.e. Faria Systems LLC as provider of the Open Apply applications, and Jupiter Ed Inc). If you wish to consult the appropriate safeguards put in place by GGIS about the transfers of personal data to USA, please refer to the contact point at the end of this policy.
6. Retention of Personal Data
GGIS holds all your Personal Data for as long as you are in a contractual relation with us, and afterwards for a period for which GGIS can justify a need in storing such personal data. GGIS keeps the student file and all the data related to the student interaction with GGIS mainly for the scope of assessing the school’s activity and the quality of services provided but also for addressing potential request of students with regard to their school trajectory within GGIS, which usually appear after the students have graduated.
Notwithstanding the retention period mentioned above, please be informed, that all the academic records and other school acts and documents related to study activities are kept for an indefinite period of time, according to the legal obligations that GGIS has in this respect.Moreover, in any case where a legal provision imposes a minimum retention period, GGIS will keep the Personal Data for at least that mandatory period.
7. Your rights related to the processing of Personal Data by GGIS
The GDPR provides certain rights related to the processing of personal data, that both you and the students have. In this respect, please be informed that students that have an appropriate level of understanding could exercise the rights listed in this section, individually. GGIS respects all the rights mentioned under the GDPR and is committed to furnishing the appropriate means by which you can exercise these rights, according to the details mentioned below:The right of access, which entails your possibility to obtain the confirmation from GGIS whether your Personal Data is being processed by GGIS or not, and if the case may be you are entitled to solicit access to this data, as well as additional information regarding the Personal Data, such as: the purposes of processing, the categories of recipients the Personal Data are being disclosed to, and the envisaged retention period. In the situations where you may need to exercise the right of access, please consider contacting GGIS and requesting confirmation or access to your Personal Data by submitting it in e-mail. Please consider that there might be specific situations that are exempted from the right of access, such as information that identifies other individuals or which is subject to confidentiality obligations.
- The right to rectification, that allows you to request GGIS rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data that GGIS may hold, as well as to have your incomplete Personal Data to be completed.
- The right to erasure meaning that in the situations expressly regulated by law, you may request erasure of your personal data. Please take into account, that the cases where the law provides for the possibility of erasure of personal data amount to the situations where the processing is unlawful or where the processing is based on your consent, and you have withdrawn such consent.
- The right to restriction of processing, signifying your right to obtain restriction of processing your Personal Data from GGIS’s part. Please bear in mind that this right can be exercised only in specific situations laid down by the GDPR such as when you challenge the accuracy of your Personal Data. During the period necessary for us to rectify your data, you may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability implying your right to receive the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and further to transmit such data to another controller. This right to data portability shall be applicable only to the personal data you have provided to us and where the processing is carried out by automated means based on your consent or for the performance of the contract you have concluded with GGIS.
- The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data by GGIS, on grounds relating to your particular situation. The right to object applies to the situations where GGIS relies on consent as legal basis for processing (e.g. using your e-mail address).
- The right to lodge a complaint designates your right to challenge the manner in which GGIS performs processing of your Personal Data with the competent data protection authority.
- The right to withdraw your consent given for various processing operations, in cases where the consent represents the lawful basis for processing. In cases where you withdraw your consent to processing your Personal Data, please note that the processing will end from the moment the withdrawal takes place without any effect on the processing that took place prior such withdrawal.
8. Video Surveillance
GGIS has implemented a video surveillance system on the campus, in order to ensure security of its students, staff and all the other persons that enter our premises. The security and well being of our students is our primary concern and these video cameras allow us to offer real time protection.All the areas covered by a video camera are signalized on campus through specific banners,informing you with regard to the video surveillance conducted by the GGIS.
9. Contact Point
In the situation where you may wish to exercise any of the rights listed under point 7 of this policy or to obtain additional information or clarifications on the subject of processing your Personal Data please contact GGIS, via its Data Protection Office – responsible for ensuring that GGIS complies with all the requirements of the GDPR.
Contact Details of GGIS’s Data Protection Office:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: +36 1 275 4795
Address: 1125 Budapest, Hungary, Szilágyi Erzsébet fasor 22/c